12.17.2009

Love has no calories



I was speaking with dear friend, Beth, the other night on Skype. The course of our conversation was central to Love and Appreciation, the building blocks of our lives. For much of the fall season, it was apparent that I had been processing and shifting some long-held beliefs that not only felt bad, but had long out lived their ability to serve me in any kind of meaningful way. The discord I was experiencing between where I was, and where I wanted to be, was showing up - quite glaringly - as a mirror from those I love the most.

As the discord grew and grew within me, I needed to step back, go within, and begin soothing myself - in whatever way I could while also leaving everyone out of my process.  This wasn't, after all, about them. It was about my perception, my expansion as a consciousness, and where I wasn't allowing myself to grow.  It's so much easier, don't you think, when you take everyone else off the hook of why you feel bad and know - without any doubt - that you have the ability and power to guide the direction of your own life?

I began journaling, again, and also engaged in processes that felt good to me. While listening to an Abraham workshop I attended in Asheville, North Carolina in November, I heard something that made not only my ears perk up, but felt to the core of my being:

"When you're true to yourself, you know your own Value."

It was then I realized, once again, I had been caring more about what other's thought of me, than how I felt about myself.  It is my sincere hope that one day, I will consistently remember there is nothing more important than I feel good. That one day I can say, with all the sincerity of my being, "I love you so much I don't care what you think."  Because, truly, that is where love begins --- with the self.

Everything we experience in our lives is a reflection, or a mirror, of a vibration or frequency within ourselves. There is no exception to that Law. And, when we can truly know that, and release all our judgments that have held us in a place of crappy thoughts and feelings, all that's left is our connection with who we really are: Source...a stirring, bubbling cauldron of Love.

There is nothing, in my opinion, more blissful than reconnecting with who I am --- who we all are.  In that space of connection, inspiration flows in so many different areas of joy, that not even wild horses can stop a person from engaging in that happiness.

In light of that, this morning I made: Love Muffins.

Bon Appetite!

P.S. Love has no calories...quoted from Sierra

1 comment:

  1. these muffins are so beautiful, i had to make some lovemuffins myself! ♥

    this post leaves me zinging & full in my heartspace. i love you!

    ReplyDelete